MIROOM‘s Terms of Service described here are contracts regarding the usage of MIROOM (hereinafter called "this service") that apply to the clients of this service, which MICOLY, Inc. (hereinafter called "we") provide. Please read thoroughly and agree before using this service. In the Terms of Service, we define some of our words as below.
- A person who uses this service is called a "user".
- A person who creates and provides digital contents that the users can enjoy on this service is called an "instructor".
- The users and the instructors are collectively called "clients".
- A "purchase contract" is defined as a contract of purchasing rights to view digital contents on this service, concluded between a user and an instructor.
Article 1 (Functions and Roles of Service)
- This service, run and managed by us, is a web service that aims to establish a community where the instructors and the users are connected with each other.
- We will endeavor to enhance awareness of this service through promotional measures and to make this service more convenient for the users and more profitable for the instructors.
Article 2 (Handling of Digital Contents)
- The users can enjoy the digital contents after they conclude the designated purchase contracts through the purchasing process on this service.
- The copyright of digital contents belongs to the instructors or us. The users can purchase the right to watch the contents through the contract, but they are NOT made eligible for the copyright. We, as a media and a platform provider, are only providing the functions and environments where the instructors and the users can interact with each other, NOT the copyright of the creations.
Article 3 (Qualification of Use)
The clients are responsible for their actions on this service and the consequences that might follow. They must meet all of the following requirements to be able to use this service.
- Can prepare internet connection with their own responsibilities and at their own expense.
- Can agree to these Terms of Service and comply with them.
- Can perform their legal responsibilities for contract conclusion.
- Can make payment by the specified method.
Article 4 (Agreement to the Terms of Service)
- To register for the service, it is necessary to agree to these Terms of Service.
- In case we change these Terms of Service, we will notify the clients by e-mail or other due ways, and then post the updated Terms of Service on the designated URL.
- When the clients enjoy this service after they have been informed of the modification of the Terms of Service by the way described above, we consider that they have agreed to the terms without objection.
Article 5 (Registration Method)
The clients must proceed their registration through the designated forms in order to sign up for this service.
- Registration is completed when we send a notice of admission and then the clients are granted the right to conclude their purchase contracts.
- We might not be able to accept the registration after we have confirmed the details of registered information.
Article 6 (Purchase Contracts)
- The characteristics and the frequency of digital contents are on each instructor's decision.
- We might be forced to change characteristics or frequency of the digital contents, or even suspend them due to the conditions of ours or the instructors. This could apply to the contents that have already been under the purchase contracts.
Article 7 (Payment Method)
- The users must agree that when they proceed to purchase the digital contents, we, in place of the instructors, collect the sum that is displayed on the purchase-confirmation page as the fee for the contents.
- As for the payment methods for the digital contents purchased on this service, they are limited to credit cards registered in the users' name, atone's deferred-payment service (at convenience stores, via bank transfer, or via LINE Pay) provided by Net Protections, Inc., Alipay provided by Alibaba Group, or cash-on-delivery (only for physical tools/materials). Depending on the language setting, some payment methods may not be permitted.
- When the users pay by their credit cards, they must follow the conditions of the contracts they concluded with the card issuer. If the users have problems on the usage of their credit card with the card issuer, they have to resolve the issues on their own responsibilities. The users must pay the fees all the same even if they are not charged on their registered credit card, but on another card of theirs due to the issuers' request. The users must notify us immediately whenever they change or correct the registered number, expiration date, or any other information on their registered credit card. If the users fail to notify us of this, we might suspend the users' membership without their notice. We might do so when we or the card issuer judge the users ineligible in consideration of their credit card membership status or payment status.
- When the users use atone's deferred-payment service (at convenience stores), they must comply with the terms of service stipulated by Net Protections, Inc. (https://atone.be/terms/) Note that if the users have problems related to the deferred-payment service (at convenience stores, via bank transfer, or via LINE Pay) with Net Protections, Inc., unless the problems are attributable to us, they have to resolve the issues on their own responsibilities.
- When the users use cash-on-delivery, a handling fee of 324 yen (including tax) will be charged per transaction.
Article 8 (Refund)
Due to the nature of this service and the purchase contracts, we cannot accept the requests for refunds.
Article 9 (Withdrawal)
- 1. When the users desire to withdraw from this service, they must request us through the designated procedures.
- 2. The users must note beforehand that when they have withdrawn or been suspended under Article 10, they are no longer entitled to view the digital contents they have purchased.
Article 10 (Prohibitions)
1. The clients must avoid actions which could cause trouble or damage to other users or us. Below are the examples of such actions, among many others.
- Copying, selling, publishing, lending, broadcasting, posting publicly (including just uploading on internet servers), screening, modifying, and adapting of the digital contents outside of the purchase contracts, except when there is an agreement from the instructors.
- Avoiding or invalidating technical measures taken to protect the digital contents.
- Transferring or lending ID and password to other people.
- Sharing their ID with multiple other users.
- Actions that violate the laws, public orders, or morals.
- Actions that violate the rights or benefits of intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or reputations of ours, the clients, or third parties.
- Actions that make other clients uncomfortable.
- Actions that disturb this service.
- Any other actions that we consider inappropriate.
2. When we decide that information-sending actions of the clients fall or potentially fall into any of the categories above, we can delete all or part of the information without the clients' notice. We do not have any responsibilities for damage that is caused by our measures taken under this article.
Article 11 (Suspension of the service)
We might suspend all or part of this service from the clients that violate these Terms of Service. In that case, we will NOT be obliged to notify the clients by any means. We might have to suspend all or part of this service when we carry out a disaster recovery or a regular maintenance. In that case, we will notify the clients by the due means.
Article 12 (Responsibilities)
- We, within the range reasonably possible, endeavor to keep this service free of cyber-attacks such as unauthorized accesses or hackings, failure of the hardware, and software failures including bugs, though we cannot guarantee. We do not take any responsibilities for connection failures of the clients' own internet providers, or unpreventable damages such as those from natural disasters.
- When we cause damages to the clients due to this service or its suspension, we will take responsibilities for just the range of damages that are directly and reasonably attributable to us, NOT for indirect or incidental damages. Our compensation for the clients will be at most the smaller of 10,000 yen and the accumulated payment from the clients for the past one year for the digital contents or the platform under the purchase contracts. However, this limit is not applied to intentional or severely grave damages.
Article 13 (Personal Information)
Article 14 (Notification for the Users)
We regularly deliver newsletters by e-mail to the users to notify of the updates and recommendations of this service. When the users decide that these are unnecessary, they can refuse to receive these newsletters.
Article 15 (Posting)
- Ownership rights and intellectual property rights associated with this service are all in possession of ours or the parties that license us. The admission to this service's membership described in these Terms does NOT include transferring or licensing of these rights. The clients, under any conditions, may not take actions that could potentially violate these rights (reverse assembling, reverse compiling, reverse engineering, among others).
- Texts, images, videos or any other data posted by the clients on this service are available to us in any way for free within the range that is necessary for provision, improvement, promotion, and advertisement of our services (including copying, scanning, modifying, re-licensing, among many others).
- We do not guarantee that the instructors or other users will respond to the clients' post of images, videos etc. by commenting or any other way.
Article 16 (Status Transfer)
Without our documented agreement, the clients cannot transfer, exchange, set collateral for, or do any kind of modifications to their status, rights or obligations with third parties under the contract.
Article 17 (Business Transfer)
In case we transfer our business to another company, we can transfer to the recipient our contractual status, rights/obligations under these Terms of Service, as well as information of the clients and other related parties, which the clients must note beforehand. The business transfers in this term refer not only to transfers of businesses between us and another company but also to any cases where our businesses are transferred, including branching.
Article 18 (Transactions)
The transactions of the digital contents on this service are made directly between the users and the instructors. We, as merely a provider for the transaction platform, do not take any responsibilities for the transactions between the two parties. Therefore, if there is any trouble between the users and the instructors, it must be resolved by those concerned, though we will also make our best effort to help them.
Article 19 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- These Term of Service are construed in accordance with Japanese laws.
- In case a dispute occurs related to the articles on these Terms of Service, the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Simplest Court will be the first examiner’s exclusive jurisdictional court.
Article 20 (Language)
The official language of the terms is Japanese. Even when they are scripted in other languages for reference, only the Japanese terms have effect as a contract and the terms scripted in other languages do not possess any effect.
Revised on August 9, 2017
Revised on October 18, 2017
Revised on June 6, 2018
Revised on February 5, 2019
Terms of Service on Purchasing Tools/Materials
The Terms of Service on Purchasing Tools/Materials described here are contracts regarding the usage of MIROOM (hereinafter called "this service") that apply to the clients of this service, which MICOLY, Inc. (hereinafter called "we") provide. Please read thoroughly and agree before using this service. Note that word definitions in the Terms are in accordance with the Terms of Service unless explicitly re-defined. Note also that if the clients violate the Terms, this will mean that they also violate the Terms of Service and their articles will be applied. In the Terms, we define our words as below.
Article 1 (Purchasing Items)
- The users are entitled to purchase the items on this service.
- The users must follow the procedures that we stipulate separately when they purchase the items.
- The contracts of transactions for the items are concluded between the users and us, after the users, checking the inputted/registered order details, click the button for sending their orders and then receive the confirmation e-mail of the order.
- If we find any illegitimate or inappropriate action regardless of the terms above, we are entitled to cancel, dismiss or do any other due measures to the contracts of transactions.
- The underage users cannot purchase the items on this service unless they have agreement from their due legal representatives.
Article 2 (Registration Update)
- The purchasers must immediately notify us when there is a change in all or part of the information they registered in the purchasing process, including their names and addresses. We will not take any responsibilities for the damages caused by the lack of the notification. Even if they notify us of such changes, the transactions will proceed based on the pre-update information if they have already started.
Article 3 (Payment Method)
- Payment methods are in accordance with the Article 7 of the Terms of Service.
Article 4 (Return Policy)
- Refer to the "Return Policy" term in Indication Based on the Law of Specified Commercial Transactions.
Article 5 (Cancelation and Suspension)
- We do not accept cancelation requests on the purchasers' fault after the items have been shipped.
- We will still collect the fees even if the purchasers refuse to receive the items.
- We might suspend the users' right to purchase items on this service if they keep canceling purchases on their fault or we judge their cancelations inappropriate.
Article 6 (Handling Personal Information)
Article 7 (Prohibitions)
- We, in addition to the actions described in the Terms of Service, prohibit actions below.
- Using the contents the users or the purchasers have acquired on this service outside the range of private uses.
- Copying, selling, distributing, publishing the contents they have acquired on this service through other users or any other third party, and any other equivalent actions.
Article 8 (Disclaimer)
- We do not take any responsibilities for damages to third parties caused by the users' or the purchasers' violation of the Terms or any other rule.
- We do not grant any guarantees of perfection, precision, accuracy, usufulness or any other natures of the contents or the information that the users or the purchasers acquire on this service.
- We do not take any responsibilities for damages, losses, or disadvantages caused directly or indirectly to the purchasers even if they are due to the false or misleading contents acquired on this service.
- We do not take any responsibilities for defects of the items sold on this service in terms of quality, materials, functions, applicability, etc., or damages, losses, disadvantages caused by these defects.
- When the purchasers fail or refuse to receive the items, when they cannot do so due to their long absence or we cannot find the delivery destinations, or when they cannot do so due to any other reasons on the purchasers' side, we will be exempted from the liabilities by performing duties of delivering the items to the designated addresses.
Article 9 (Miscellaneous)
- We do not issue receipts currently.
Article 10 (Copyrights and IP Rights)
- The contents provided on this service belong exclusively to us or the third parties that own the due rights. If the users or the purchasers cause problems with third parties by violating this term, they must resolve the problems on their own responsibilities and at their expenses, causing no damage, loss, or disadvantage to us.
Terms of Service on membership
Terms of Service on membership,（hereinafter called "this Terms"）described here are contracts regarding the usage of MIROOM (hereinafter called "this service"), which is provided by MICOLY, Inc. (hereinafter called "we"). Please read thoroughly and agree before using this service. Note that word definitions in this Terms are in accordance with the Terms of Service unless explicitly re-defined. Note also that if the clients violate this Terms, it shall be deemed to have violated the Terms of Service and the corresponding articles shall be applied.
- In order to obtain the rights to purchase a part of the contents or tools/materials, or to purchase a part of the services provided by instructors, under this service, advance payment of the fees to us by credit cards (hereinafter called "the fees"), in accordance with the Article 7 of the Terms of Service, is needed. Users are entitled to the rights aforementioned by the payment of the fees within the term of validity.
- Users who paid in accordance with the last article, are called "membership users".
- "Membership" describes the rights to purchase a part of the contents or tools/materials, provided by us or instructors, or to purchase a part of the services provided by instructors or us.
- Fees and terms of validity of memberships are decided by instructors or us.
- In general, a membership shall be automatically renewed, unless the user withdraws from the service or the membership turns invalid in between 00:00 and 23:59 on the last day of the term of validity.
- In case of automatical renewal, the fees shall be automatically settled by the payment method designated by the membership user.
- When changing the fees, we shall inform you 30 days before, excluding unavoidable circumstances.
- We do not refund the fees paid by membership users.
- The same shall apply to users who withdraw on their own wills within the terms of validity or whose memberships become invalid.
- Users who do not complete payments of the fees within 7 days after the end of the terms of validity (including the expiration date), shall be deprived of their memberships.
- In addition to this Terms, special agreements are proposed for each membership designed by instructors.
Special agreement on ryo kitamura intension web school
- Terms of Service on membership is applied. The term of validity is 1 month. The fee is 4.85USD (tax included). (This signifies a monthly fee of 4.85USD (tax included).)
- Once the membership turns invalid, digital contents purchased cannot be watched or viewed.
Revised on July 26, 2018
Terms of Service on MIROOM's Monthly Membership
The Terms of Service on MIROOM's Monthly Membership (hereinafter called "this Terms") described here are contracts regarding MIROOM's monthly membership services, which is provided by MICOLY, Inc. (hereinafter called "we"). Please read thoroughly and agree before using the membership services. Note that word definitions in this Terms are in accordance with the Terms of Service unless explicitly re-defined. Note also that if the clients violate this Terms, it shall be deemed to have violated the Terms of Service and the corresponding articles shall be applied. In this Terms, we define some of our words as below.
- The "Monthly membership services" means the services included in the monthly subscription that allow users to stream our specified digital content on computers and other devices via the Internet.
- The "Monthly membership" means the right to use the "Monthly membership services".
- "Monthly members" means the users who possess the "Monthly membership".
Article 1 (Regarding the Terms of Service on MIROOM's Monthly Membership)
- 1. If we decide that there is a substantial reason, we may make some changes in this Terms at any time without the prior approval of the Monthly members.
- 2. Unless specified otherwise, the revised version of this Terms will come into effect when it is displayed on this website. Monthly members who use the Monthly membership services or do not cancel the Monthly membership registration (as defined in Article 2) after the changes come into effect will be considered to have agreed to the revised version of this Terms.
- 3. If the articles in this Terms and the articles in the Terms of Services differ, the articles in this Terms take precedence.
- 4. The Terms of Services applies to matters that are not discussed in this Terms.
Article 2 (Registration and Payment Method)
- 1. Users must register and pay to use the Monthly membership services (hereinafter called "Monthly membership registration").
- 2. Users applying for Monthly membership registration must agree to both the Terms of Services and this Terms and complete the designated registration process. Users earn Monthly membership upon completion of the registration process.
- 3. Out of the payment methods described in Article 7 of the Terms of Services, users applying for Monthly membership registration must pay the membership fee in advance with credit card or through atone's deferred-payment service (at convenience stores, via bank transfer, or via LINE Pay). Regarding atone's deferred-payment service (at convenience stores, via bank transfer, via Alipay provided by Alibaba Group, or via line pay), Rule 4 in Article 7 of the Terms of Services shall apply.
Article 3 (Membership Fee)
- 1. The fee is 8.99USD (tax included) per month.
- 2. Monthly members must pay us the monthly fee in accordance with the conditions we specify separately.
- 3. We may change the fee for the Monthly membership services without prior approval of the Monthly members. When changing the fee, we shall inform you 30 days before, excluding unavoidable circumstances. Monthly members who use the Monthly membership services or do not cancel the Monthly membership registration (as defined in Article 2) after the changes come into effect will be considered to have agreed to the changes.
- 4. The Monthly membership is valid for 1 month. Unless the Monthly member cancels the Monthly membership registration, withdraws from this service, or forfeits the Monthly membership before the next settlement occurs, the Monthly membership is automatically renewed under the same conditions. When the Monthly membership is automatically extended, the membership fee will also automatically be charged via the payment method specified by the Monthly member.
- 5. We do not refund the fees paid by Monthly members for any reason.
- 6. The preceding paragraph applies even if users withdraw from this service during the Monthly membership's term of validity or if the Monthly membership turns invalid.
- 7. Monthly members who fail to pay the fee must also pay a late charge at the yearly rate of 14.6% (prorated on the basis of a 365-day year).
Article 4 (Cancellation of Monthly Membership Registration)
- 1. Monthly members who wish to cancel the Monthly membership registration must complete the designated cancellation process. Cancellation of the Monthly membership registration will be finalized upon completion of the cancellation process.
- 2. If the Monthly membership registration is cancelled, the user will automatically lose access to the Monthly membership services after the expiration date of the Monthly membership.
Article 5 (Forfeit of Monthly Membership Registration)
- 1. Monthly members who do not complete payments of the fee within the period we specify separately shall be deprived of their Monthly membership by having their Monthly membership registration cancelled, unless the payments of the fee and the late charge are completed through the designated procedures within 7 days after the end of the term of validity (including the expiration date).
- 2. If the Monthly membership registration is cancelled by us, the user will automatically lose access to the Monthly membership services after the cancellation date.
- 3. Monthly members who we conclude have violated this Terms or the Terms of Service may be deprived of their Monthly membership by having their Monthly membership registration cancelled, without prior notice. In addition, we may suspend all or part of this service for the corresponding user account in accordance with Article 11 of the Terms of Service.
- 4. We may terminate the Monthly membership services at our discretion.
- 5. We do not take any responsibility or liability for any damage caused by our actions based on this Article.
Article 6（Free Trial）
- 1. There are cases where users can subscribe for a paid Monthly membership with a free trial. The duration of the free trial of the paid Monthly membership (hereinafter called "free trial") is determined when the member subscribes. The free trial is a feature for new and certain previous users to try the services.
- 2. Currrent members of the Monthly membership and users who were previously subscribed are not eligible for the free trial. For the purpose of checking your eligibility of the free trial, we may check your account information such as the device ID used for the Monthly membership, payment methods, and the e-mail address that is registered to your account.
- 3. The eligibility of the free trial will be determined by our own discretion. We may limit the eligibilty and/or the duration of the free trial in order to prevent unfair use. We hold the right to cancel a user's free trial and withhold their account, if it has been determined that the user is not eligible for a free trial.
- 4. The combined use of the free trial and other special offers may be restricted in some cases.
- 5. Unless the user cancels or loses the paid Monthly membership or cancels the membership of MIROOM brfore the first settlement occurs, the payment for the upcoming billing period will be billed to the payment method provided by the user. To check when the free trial will end, please access the "Monthly Membership Information" page from MY PAGE on the MIROOM website.
Revised on May 27, 2019
Indication Based on the Law of Specified Commercial Transactions
The name of serviceMIROOM
Person in ChargeKunioki Yokota
Address7F Nitto Kudan Building, 2-1-4 Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
PriceThe price of each video is indicated on the pages. The prices are tax-included.
Other ChargesConsumption tax, internet connection fee, and packet transmission fee.
Payment MethodCredit card
Payment Due DateIt depends on the due date that is determined by each credit card settlement.
AvailabilityDigital Contents: Right after the settlement
Tools/Materials: To be shipped one to three days from the shipment order
Return PolicyDigital Contents: Because of the nature of the tools/materials, we cannot accept requests for return or exchange of them
Tools/Materials: We do not accept requests for return except when the tools/materials have defects. We bear the cost of returning the tools/materials.